Saturday 13 October 2012

Good Causes



What do I consider to be a good cause?  Something that is going to make a difference on a macro level or something more local?  Or does it have to benefit me or someone I know? It's common knowledge that scoundrel/s inveigle their way into charities and good causes and let the side down. So why should I give of my time, my money, my energy, my anything? I'm only human and it's natural to be suspicious. Apparently we are all created equally and in the image of the Creator. From what I've observed, the behaviour exhibited by so many believers around the world, does not convince me to become a follower. Lead by example please. How are you helping? What are your good deeds? Are you helping yourself or those worse off than you?

Tonight was the 2nd time we went to an annual charity fundraiser run by volunteers.  It was for a church, held in a local hall, a very reasonable charge, food included and a quiz.  For the 2nd year our table came last! We had a great time and we could have done a lot better if we'd cheated but we behaved!  In the hall and even at our table there was a mix of people, religous practitioners, believers and non-believers, but all good people who wanted to help.  And did and had a good fun time.

Together our efforts are going to help others who really deserve it.  All of what is raised is going to be used to help and not a penny will be secreted away to line pockets. Imagine if this hard work and honest endeavour was going on everywhere around the world?  Back to the point of my being human, time is a gift and the most precious thing we have. When I've given it to anyone who never help themselves, it really irks me!

No comments:

Post a Comment