Friday 13 November 2015

FRIDAY 13th TRIES...


In this post I'm not even going to tell the truth about the types of 'lazyblogitis' I've suffered from.  For I doubt not that you're all going to be fairly cognisant of how it all goes.  There's always myriads of ideas waiting to burst forth like spring flowers.  That's in a couple of months by the way.  Almost decent, (I'm only speaking for me and my characters) sensible sentences formed these past weeks but like dreams in the night quickly hide from the light.

For the here and now – yummy lunch time – I have cooked a delightful dish.  To some it may appear somewhat green.  Never fear.  It ‘tasteth somewhat different to how it doth looketh.’  Or maybe it does.  My word versus the onlooker’s eyesight = a trip to some very fine buildings.



This is how I ‘magicked’ up the sensation on the plate: Peeled 1 medium onion and hacked it. It cried.  Not me.  I did something similar to an inch of ginger – sliced it with a sharp knife. The 3 cloves of garlic I made mincemeat of.  Then with the rapeseed oil bubbling I stood over them as they sizzled. I smiled cruelly at their steaming cries. Finally, deducing they were getting browned off, I threw in half a dealt-with fennel, 3 lots of chopped pak choi, 3 cracked-on-their-head eggs, 2 jaggedly cut carrots that had been sweet on me and stirred like crazy. Midway to resting my arms and wipe the forehead of the 'ladies glow' I poured in a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, darkly dangerous soy sauce and hot (I know how to handle it) chili pickle (confession: not my homemade).  Rested I took up the spoon once more.  Then, no way am I going to admit to having forgotten, I thrust in a third of a packet of kale. Apparently it’s really good for the insides.  As it’s my first time...(very shy admission), I'm not sitting in judgment.

Voila. A meal on a plate.  Don't say and don't think it!  For a dash of panache, I did a little decoration with the balsamic vinegar.  Real good stuff that somebody nice gave to me a present, (sometimes people do that).  Anyway, it was all easy-‘pleasey’.  However the peas and the sweetcorn are skulking in the freezer because I – ahem – but let’s not name names here.

Now to the verdict:  I didn't like the pak choi.  Not raw.  Not like this.  Probably not ever.  Did I fish it out?  No.  This was the answer:


Delicious?  You bet yer, yes.  I love mackerel.  However it turned out to be no spineless creature. The fish fought back.

I survived.  Mayhap to one day write another post.

Happy Friday 13th :)




No comments:

Post a Comment