Thursday 1 September 2016

Am I Early?

Come on...this is me and the likelihood of my blogging early is like...well, like knowing I've been misbehaving and still believing Father Christmas is going to leave me a fantastic present.

'What was that you said?  He doesn't - surely not!' (I'm being very careful not to overdo the exclamation marks. Apparently women and children do. Yes, I know what my gender is, but I actually find that spotting one per page is more than enough).

The work on the house is progressing. Yippee. That could be misconstrued but I'm not being sarcastic. And, even better, a few weeks back I even managed to upload Vicious Vignettes, my ninth book.

'Yes siree, it feels mighty fine to me.'

I started work on it many moons ago when wondering whether anyone would ever come along to buy my house. Originally a collection of flash fiction, it was going to be the sequel to She Dreamed Of Flash Fiction, with every story only 200 words. However, somehow, as I edited some of them started to rhyme. This was a tad baffling. I've always cringed at the thought of writing poetry and whenever I did, I kept my head down and mumbled as I read it aloud. The other side of the coin is that I love reading it, often the same ones over and over. But writing?

'Nope...not me, gov'nor.'

In this anthology, being mean about life, people etc wasn't what the intention was. It just happened, leaving me with no choice other than to change the book's cover and the title.

'Anyways...hope someone out there will like them.'

I am going to stop now because my tub of delicious jalapeno houmous is empty. So it's bye for now.













2 comments:

  1. Already dipping into VV, deliciously wicked, clever and funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great feedback. X

    ReplyDelete