Wednesday 27 May 2020

LOVE IN LOCK-DOWN

Hugs, touching another's hand whether it be cold, hot or sweaty, a kiss - I'm missing all that I'd taken for granted before. To those in similar situations, please accept a virtual love from me.

So...being of sound mind, I'm writing about my new love.

He's round, cuddly, makes a great noise when I turn him on, and he delivers! :)

If you're thinking what I'm thinking you're thinking...naughty!

It's my ARE2D2. I'm a Star Wars fan. Actually I love most things fantastical. Escapism has worked all my life for me and still does. I got my little fella from John Lewis with a voucher that paid towards half of him. I ordered him while my lovely friend Neill (who does a lot of my book covers for me), was here, (when it comes to trying new kitchen appliances I'm a bit of a chicken). With company to share the 'worry' in case it blew up (ridiculous, yes?!), we did sausages and bacon.

Delicious.
So my air fryer, that's right, it is a strange love, but because I live in a free country I'm allowed, I eat more healthily. I've not used grease at all. It's non-stick and comes clean very easily.

I also love it because it saves electricity by avoiding putting on the oven.The settings allow time and temperature adjustments. I usually start with a low heat setting than is recommended and then check and do for a bit longer.

 Plus there's no spatters to clean up because there's no frying involved.

I chose this model, it was just under £100, because it had a larger bowl than others I looked at. And the cuddly shape of course.

I've cooked breakfast stuff as mentioned in above paragraph, and chips and fish/fish fingers, pies, roasted vegetables, re-heated samosas, pakoras, (which are now delicious compared to the soggy or dried out versions I've had previously using microwave/oven). I've baked bread and cooked a few other items that I can't recall at the moment. This air fryer will also bake cakes but as I'm pre-diabetic I've avoided that for now.

My romance is getting stronger. Although it would be lovely to have a conversation with my ARE2D2, maybe it's better this way as he can't gaslight me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Robyn, I've not yet been tempted by the air fryer, simply because I have so many countertop appliances that I'm not sure I have space for one more. But I'm all for anything that saves having to clean up grease spatters. I've taken to cooking my bacon outdoors in a Cuisinart Griddler plugged into an extension cord. No grease spatters and no bacon smells lingering in the entire house for 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean, I love the smell of bacon! As soon as I've sorted somewhere to sit in my 'w.i.p' garden, I'll still be cooking inside, but eating it outside. Weather permitting of course.

    ReplyDelete