Wednesday 6 May 2020

Strange Seeds

I have a lot of interests including gardening. Since moving here, my seed collection has increased.

When I say my vegetable gardening, I mean, my attempts at it. I feel a real sense of satisfaction when the green foliage unfurls and shows itself. I can almost hear it say, 'hello'. Then, as with children, the hard work begins.

Last year I got patty pan squash seeds. In April, I planted six seeds. First only one came up. Only when I transplanted it to a bigger pot that I found another was showing signs of emerging and so I left it to continue.
Here they are.

Is it just me, or they are not related?

One is of the squash family but the other?

Any ideas welcome.

6 comments:

  1. It's a good time to grow your own food. Tell them squash Uncle Jo says, "hello." :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo I've told them you said hello. I'm sure they nodded :)

      Delete
    2. LOL! There have been some tests into the effects of positive and negative energy or intent on plants. It's very interesting.
      I always tell my plants this: live or die; your choice. They all seem to live. 🤣

      Delete
    3. :) I think for now I'll do the sweet talking thing to them, like in the Good Life, and watch them really grow. Nurture will win!

      Delete
  2. Yay!! A new blog post 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, I've just looked at the date and I'm almost due another! How do you do it?!

      Delete