Saturday 5 April 2014

It's been a while!


It has been many, many months since I last blogged.  I logged in and low and behold there was a message from Google about some things they wanted me to update.  I hate trying to keep up with changes in technology.  I followed a couple of steps then gave up.  Apparently I need Google Chrome.  Okay, so I'm a bit behind the times!

My intentions are always excellent, but it is not just the spirit that is weak, so is the will power.  Then there are the distractions that have kept me from blogging.  We all have them.  Some have genuine, out of their hands type, and others where they had to choose.  Mine well...I blame Twitter.  It is so easy to use.  You can watch T.V. have the laptop close to hand, the crochet that increases nicely, and it makes you feel you're multi-tasking.

Of course television watching, tweeting and crocheting isn't all I've been doing, but it
would take many blogs to regale all and catch up. So a summary is something that will have to suffice for now.  Then I can go away feeling I've made a start.

I've de-cluttered, painted, papered, tidied etc and now my house is up for sale.  The garden still has a huge wind blown conifer that needs to be cleared away.  It might take some time, it is a tad big.  I'm avoiding thinking about the lawn that needs cutting and the weeds to be removed (killed, uprooted, destroyed forever. I'm dreaming.  They always come back.)  I love this planet, and I hate to see how humans still do not live side by side with nature, but when you are selling your house, the viewers do not want a messy garden.  So the weeds have got to go.

In November I completed my 50,000+ words and wrote the draft of my next novel.  A ghost story that was first a rather beautiful dream I had.  In the writing it has changed drastically and I haven't been able to capture the essence, but hope to when I start editing.  When, is the operative word, as I have spent a considerable amount of time editing the third novel.  It was completed in 2012.  Why does everything take so long?  The answer is not knowing what type of cover the book should have.  With all the competition out there, getting it pitch perfect isn't easy when all you want to do is the writing and you have a tight (tiny, tiny) budget.

A considerable amount of time has been spent down in London with my family.  An empty nest allows you to write, but it also means that you feel too alone to write. You can't justify heating up the house and then of course, it is too cold to write.  How did they manage in the old days?  A candle does not give off much light, and absolutely cannot be used as a means of warming a room.  Trust me, I have experience of it!

Having packed in work in order to write full time, I could write tons on how to manage on a budget, and will eventually. 

I've written far more than I thought I would...and thus finish off feeling quite smug!

No doubt I'll take a peek at Twitter later...I'm sort of addicted...



No comments:

Post a Comment