Monday 29 April 2013

I am not mad (my opinion) so please do not send for them to take me away.



Dialogue with self:


Q:  So why are you on here so early when you should be painting/decorating/writing the novel even? 
A:  It's too cold.
Q:  Doing something, any activity is warming.
A:  Actually it's Catch 22 surely?
Q:  I ask the questions.
A:  Be my guest.
Q:  Writer's in the past didn't have the luxury of central heating.
A:  Tell me something I don't know.  Wait, are you saying I'm a namby-pamby wimp? 
Q:  Well - er - actually...
A:  What, the cap fits?  Don't worry, it's true.  And this bit of writing?  It's a warm up. From this I'm going on to making a cup of tea and then settle down for real to work on the novel.  I've reached a difficult point in it and am not sure how to proceed.
Q:  You need help?
A:  Who doesn't!  Sorry about the exclamation mark, I try and keep a strict limit on them.
Q:  You're digressing.
A:  True.
Q:  Which novel are you struggling with and why?
A:  Goods By Hand (GBH).  It's finished but I'm changing the plot slightly. Trying to go back to the original idea for it.
Q:  Sounds simple enough.
A:  If only.  I want to avoid a complete rewrite, want to make it gel with what I've done on it so far.  And the seam keeps showing.
Q:  Aah, I see.  Can I help?
A:  Hope so.
Q:  Are you ready to start yet?
A:  Reckon so.  Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment