Thursday 2 May 2013

D.I.Y. follow up:



After two days the walls of the porch are done and the shoes are back in situ.  However, I had to make another shelf in the shoe rack.  There were visions of complications but I found some leftover pine and found it very easy to nail/screw into.  Not being able to remember what the pieces of wood came off, I should be more worried, but I'm not because no doubt I'll find out sometime and there will be absolutely nothing I'll be able to do about it (they had to be sawn to make them fit!).




Several pairs of footwear are safely under the bed upstairs, some have gone to charity and a few that have only been worn a couple of times I might just try and car boot or ebay. Ebay will be a whole new experience. New technology and me, hmm, not always easy.  However, I have managed to upload that picture above and I did it without consulting friends.

The woodwork in the porch that connects the house to the porch still needs doing.  However, I have done the door frame that is at the very front of the house.  Unfortunately the gloss takes hours to dry.  And of course, it takes at least two coats.  When the front door was shut last thing at night the paint was still tacky which meant that when it was opened this morning, it took a tiny bit of paint with it.  The same will probably happen tonight.  Oh well. Might be repainting that particular spot for a few days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment