Monday 6 April 2015

Glorious Easter Monday And No House Viewers

The sun is out.  The sky is blue.  There are a few clouds, but no, they do not spoil the view...

Oh, and it is not raining in my heart.  And the few words above are from one of my many favourite songs.  I love music.  For me as a writer, a) readers b) music, go hand in hand.  If either of those two became extinct, I would seriously question my reason for continuing to scribble no matter how thick and fast the ideas kept coming.

As I write this, I can't resist repeatedly looking longingly towards the garden.  I should be out there.  If not mowing the lawn, then at least replacing the dilapidated shed roof.  Much of it couldn't hold its own against the gales recently (not that it had been doing especially well prior to it), however, it really does need help now.  So a trip to the nearest, best value, d.i.y. store soon.  A nice man will be asked to help put the felt into my vehicle and then...well, after that it will be a case of 'living on a prayer' and probably a few expletives.

My house has been up for sale for over a year now and so far has only had three viewings.  The last one cancelled.  It is a beautiful, old, individual place.  Upon entering you know it is loved.  And on days like today, every room is bright.  This place is deceptively big and is often likened by those who know it to the Tardis.
The walls are thick, sturdy and not many years from now, it will be 100 years old. How many modern houses will still be standing thus after a similar amount of time?

Compared to London or somewhere in the South where properties sell even before the owners have thought of selling, (okay, a slight exaggeration), the prices around here are more than reasonable.  The railways can take a person to work in London probably in the same amount of time (one and half hours), as it would take someone down there to drive.  So why don't places like mine sell quickly, or even in a 'reasonable' amount of time?  One bungalow, just along the road took three years and that has to be 'unreasonable'!  It was in beautiful condition, looked after and had loads of land.  Oh, and the other thing, when there are an exceptional amount of properties for sale, why is it that new builds continue?

The majority of the above questions are rhetorical. We all know the answers.  The political, economic etc.

This post is a follow up to one I did many, many months ago.  It is very satisfying for me to know that whilst I take time to get round to doing things, they do get done.

I am allowing myself another two years to sell this house/bungalow.  It only takes one person, so fingers crossed that the right person comes along (soon) and sees all the wonder that we saw, and then I will be able to downsize.

If it doesn't, who knows, it could be for a reason...


No comments:

Post a Comment