Friday 21 August 2015

To Eat Or Not To Eat?

I've just slipped away from a great virtual launch party, Mr Seumas Gallacher's, (where there is lots of food and drink), to be really good and do something not quite as virtual, but hopefully virtuous, as this.  My over-due blog.

As I'm a writer who loves to write stories, and invariably, almost always, from home, how can it (eating), be avoided?

I don't mean the usual type of sustenance sort of eating:

Or even the type where you're observing the rules:



I mean the gluttony, eyes bigger than your tummy, how come that person on the other table has a higher-piled helping to me, type.  The one where you sort of have permanent block with your writing but won't admit it.  Writer's block?  There's no such animal, is there?  Anyway, this is what it drives me to.  My excuse?  It'll last longer, resulting in less time away from the laptop:


Well, I had tried telephoning those friends most likely to be in, but sadly, no.  I'd glanced at the calendar so many times (in the hope that a new entry will have magically appeared on it so that I could have an excuse to go out), again, no.  I'd cooked to the point the freezer's put up a rude sign.  And sort of lastly and very hopefully, there's FB, Twitter...but I'm saving that as a surprise.

It's that sort of 'to eat or not to eat', is what this post is about.  Over indulgence to excess where your brain gives in and you can start writing again.  In other words, write or die.  And I have, on here.  I've been good now.  I've also told tales out of school on me.  Goodness knows how much I might have to hold me to up to ransom for at some point.  But that's in the future, and no part of me needs to know today.

Right now my weight is approximately, 8 stone and 4lb with both feet on the scales and glasses perched on my nose as usual.  That's about...nope...I'm not going to do the conversion even though it is pretty easy with Google being so accessible.  Being little, or petite (which is a far prettier word), on the good side, my weight is acceptable.  However on the bad side, being little/petite means that when I go over my average allowance, oh boy is it noticeable.

So, back to the eating.  I like to eat. I need to eat; yes.  However, what to eat without turning into a lethargic, non-mover?  Fortunately I don't do crisps. I used to until the day I was driving and eating them, or even the other way around, eating them and driving, and all I could taste was the grease.  I've not missed them since.

But enough of this rambling.  Here is one of my daily delicacies:

All right, I've got several more peeled and ready.  After I've eaten them, I'm going to go back to join my friends at the party. (See above).

PS:  Gotta keep moving is what the physio said.

6 comments:

  1. My problem is that I forget to eat. I get so involved in my writing that sometimes hours go by and when I decide to get up and grab a snack or a meal I'm virtually chair bound. LOL BTW, hope the party was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth I am green with envy. How I would love not to feel the pull of food. Hours? Well I probably spend that in staring at my refrigerator/freezer wondering about what to eat! Oh, the party was fabulous and fun and all things that bring a big smile to ones face.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Ms. Newton on this one. I forget to eat, get a terrible grumbling in my tummy and then drag my carcass to the kitchen. If it wasn't for Seumas' party, I might not have eaten at all! Carrots and celery are a great idea. Although that plate of bacon, eggs and sausage does look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now coming to realise my tummy is spoiled. I will give it a talking to but it might just answer back with how it gets its instructions from the brain. I've just finished the chocolate mousse I'd made yesterday and still have the carrots and celery...actually, who am I kidding...there's a lot more in there! The English Breakfast is delicious. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm the same, then wonder why my stomach growls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like to me I'm going to have to start focusing more on my writing...except how!?

      Delete