Thursday 3 December 2015

A Great Man In A Kilt


What's not to love? Seumas is funny, clever, a great wordsmith and I bet he has the best looking knees in the world.  Had he been wearing his kilt in November when I met him, I would have checked them out!  Seumas, thank you for allowing me to share your words.  Now over to you...

…the name’s Gallacher… Seumas Gallacher… License to KILT…

kilt 2
…there are some remarkable benefits to be had from merely being a Scotsman… the WURLD seems to have made its mind up about how we Scots look, behave and sound… closer to home in Caledonia, we may have a different view on some of that, but nonetheless, we are an unmistakable breed and distinctive brand… adopted Scot-by-film-osmosis, Aussie actor, Mel Gibson, has to take some of the more recent blame for the stereotype of Braveheart, stamped indelibly in the minds of million of cinemagoers across the planet… woad-painted-blue St Andrew’s Crosses on faces, marching to battle against… well… well, against emb’dy, really… I’ve worn my kilt for special occasions most of my adult life… whenever society events call for formal attire, and in some countries,  National Dress, the kilt is a standout couturial winner… recently I was honoured to attend  an American Women’s Association meeting here in the Middle East as a Guest Speaker, and I was particularly requested to, ‘please, please, please wear your kilt’!... it seems our cousins from across the pond have a ‘thang’ about men in kilts… turned out I spent as much time indulging requests for selfies’ as I did in the rest of the presentation put together… the strange thing is, whenever I wear the kilt, I never feel anything but properly, formally dressed… for me there is no ‘casual kiltie wear’… p’raps that’s why it sets its own standard of fashion… the inevitable question gets raised anywhere from twice to a coupla dozen times per events where I do wear it … ‘what’s worn under the kilt?’… the response ranges from the cliched ‘NUTHIN’s worn… it’s all in perfect WURKING order’ to more raunchy replies not suitable for this blog (I have some sensitive English followers to consider, Mabel)… I’ll leave yeez with this clip which may or may not put yer minds at rest… see yeez later… LUV YEEZ!
http://seumasgallacher.com/


2 comments: