Wednesday 9 December 2015

LOSING VIRGINITY

With all the other interesting blogs bouncing around the ether at the moment, I didn't want mine, a) to detract from them and b) to get lost among them. Therefore, Losing Virginity is delayed until 2016.

As I've already entered blogger world, I’ll offer up some small portion of my latest musings.  A ‘free’ mini gift that won't clutter the home once all the festivities are over.  And one that won’t involve you having to get it out and display every time I visit or pop up on-line, or make you think about which black bag to slip it in to!  Coherent thinking can often become difficult after Christmas exhaustion, but choices do abound from donating unwanted items to the numerous charity shops, permanently losing them into council bins, to hunting out the receipt in the hope of returning ‘it' for a refund, etc.  Some people keep a cupboard specially for ‘presents’, and find it a good money saver.  Of course there are many more inventive ways we 'dispose' of the above.  If you have a few minutes, I would love to hear about them.

So, around this time of year, how do most of us show the measure of genuine affection for one another?  Is it evidenced with hours spent on comparative price searches for what can't be afforded by either one or both sides?  Just a little cheeky suggestion from me, and in return it is possible you'll still feel the tips of the ears burning, but does that matter because at least it won't have cost you anything?  Okay it's this.  How about instead of the usual commercial route, you do the communicative one.  I love using the telephone and pressing buttons.  So I'm going to use these skills to talk about my book, Seven Stops.  It’s now available in paperback.

I’m already imagining how fantastic a Christmas it’ll be if family and friends buy my book.  Being cheerful and gushing won't be difficult because the January bank statement won't make my eyes pop out and my heart palpitate when I look at it.

The great Bard wrote, 'Such stuff as dreams are made on' and that's what I'm going to do.  Imagine and dream about the approaching New Year and how amazing it's going to be.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing indeed. Downloaded the e book a while ago but as soon as I knew I could get my hands on a paperback I was straight on it. Added a few extras to give as Christmas gifts and share the goodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I'm so happy to get your feed back. Thank you. How lovely of you to say that you not only enjoyed Seven Stops but have done so twice in fact. Hope everyone you're gifting it to, also like it. X

      Delete